Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 4 # RSS Feeds

I can't say that this week was one that i truely enjoyed. I found it difficult to find the eeds to use and i think it would be just as easy to search for the information you want as you need it. Although i do understand how it could be of help to some people and how it could be used in libraries as it would make it somewhat easier for members of the public and also staff members to gather informations about authors, publishers and the library etc..

Whilst browsing the sites to feed onto my page, i did come across some interesting ones. Like the ABC website (ABC News). This would be helpful and allow you to be updated with the news. Unfortunatly i did not find any other library blogs!!! =[

As i have previously stated i think the RSS Feeds could prove to be useful in the library to gather needed information quickly and officially. I just dont think this is the thing for me!!!!

1 comment:

corelli said...

I totally agree with your sentiments about RSS. I was confused and overwhelmed both searching and trying to attach the feeds. It's not something I will use, I haven't even checked my RSS account since I set it up so it's probably mighty clogged by now!
Good luck with it all.